Will everyone achieve their creative dreams, no matter what?
This week's maker mission is to self-publish a book. But today's listener questions brought up broader issues, faced by all creatives.
One myth that creative people believe is that if they build something that is of high quality, that people will just find it because it's well-made.
- Chris Guillebeau blog post: "The New, New Economy: How The World Of Online Publishing Is Changing, And Why You Should Care"
- Article: How the Survivor Bias Distorts Reality
- Article: Survivorship Bias
- Video: Darius Kazemi, Tiny Subversions - XOXO Festival (2014)
- Video: Muhammad Ali vs George Foreman (Highlights)
- Article: Three simple launch tactics
- Book that Justin is working on: Marketing for Product People
- Listening to the show? Tweet @mijustin and let him know!
- Theme music by Striker. Thank them by buying Bad Decisions on iTunes.
- Podcast hosting by Simplecast.fm
- Please leave a review for MegaMaker!
- Questions about self-publishing? Leave a voicemail.