Millions of shirts are made every year; but how can we make t-shirts that people actually want to wear?
Learn how to make your own t-shirts, and watch Justin as he launches his own t-shirt brand.
First three steps to making great shirts
- Great artwork - you need to have something compelling on the shirt. Whether it's your logo or artwork, make sure it's something people want to wear on their chest.
- Choose a high quality garment - cheap shirts feel cheap. They shrink over time, the cut looks funny, and the fabric feels itchy. Get something that feels good.
- Artwork placement is important - consider where you're putting your artwork! Especially on women's shirts.
Check back on Saturday for the next steps: printing (ink) type, how to order samples, how to get feedback, how to do production runs.
- The 50 greatest streetwear brands
- Tech workers in startup shirts
- Evolution of the MegaMaker logo
- Ethical issues with t-shirt manufacturing via Christelle
- T-shirt shape changes over time via Olivia
- American Apparel trying to right their wrongs
- Join the 2016 Maker Challenge
- View the livestream of what's being made right now
- Follow Justin on Twitter: @mijustin
- Leading Snowflakes - a book by Oren Ellenbogen, "Become the leader your engineers need."
You can get a shout out on this Saturday's show by becoming a patron: megamaker.co/sponsor